LUMECCA uses the most powerful Intense Pulsed Light ("IPL") to treat pigmented and vascular lesions. After just one session, patients notice marked improvements in skin tone and clarity. The Lumecca works through photothermolysis, which deploys optical energy to provide a photofacial treatment in total comfort.
What are the advantages ?
• age spots (brown or reddish pigmentation);
• vascular lesions of the face, such as spider veins and poikiloderma;
• rosacea (redness);
• the harmful effects of the sun.
The cost of the treatment/cure varies depending on the extent of the treatment. An assessment is made and a treatment plan is established.
We avoid the use of these technologies on tanned skin. Avoid sun exposure before and after treatment.
The skin reactions usually disappear within a few hours. Skin may be sensitive to light immediately after treatment. Better to avoid sun exposure and tanning.
Following the treatment:
- Apply cold compresses if necessary.
- Sunscreen must be used for 3 weeks after the treatment and 3 weeks before the next session . For the first 48 hours, apply every 2 hours.
- Moisturizer may be applied.
- Makeup may be applied immediately after facial treatment if skin is intact.
- Resumption of anti-inflammatories 1 week after treatment.
- Avoid any skin irritation or tanning (spray, cream) for at least 4 weeks. It is recommended to wear a minimum sunscreen SPF 30 during outdoor activities during the day.
- Discontinue application of irritating topical agents 2-3 days before treatment.
- Stop taking anticoagulants 7-10 days before treatment (according to the advice of the doctor).
- Stop 1 week before treatment: retinols and glycolic acids.
- Stop 1 week before treatment: anti-inflammatories.
- If taking antibiotics wait 1 month for the treatment.
- Wait 2 weeks after the injections of neuromodulators and for hyaluronic acid follow the recommendations of the injector.